Welcome to the 2020 Rugby season with BJRU! On behalf of the committee, I would like to extend a warm welcome to new players and their families and to all those returning to us for another year of fun, fitness and rugby. We are truly a family orientated club and encourage parents and siblings to join us in the club house on Friday evenings for drinks and nibbles during training. Gala days are always wonderful affairs with families socialising and enjoying each others company in the beautiful Central West of NSW. There will be registration information afternoons at the club house on Hereford Street on Friday the 27th of March and Friday the 3rd of April from 5-5.45pm for those that wish to speak to a club official or ask questions. Information regarding training, Gala days and the season at large can be found by clicking HERE.
The biggest change from last year is the move to even age groups. U6, U8 and U10 will play on Sundays in the CWJRU Walla Gala Day format at a different town each weekend. Walla Gala Days commence the first Sunday of term 2 (May 3).
U12s will move to a Saturday morning in a home and away draw. Game times are approximately 9.30am each Saturday and game one for 2020 will be April 4. Due to this early start there is no Twilight 7s for U12. They will have four weeks of preseason training and then commence their competition season.
Our club levy for the 2020 season will be $80 for U6s and $150 for U8s , U10s and U12s. Rugby Australia, CWJRU and NSW Rugby add their levies in addition. This is broken down for you before final payment is made. Approximate total costs are $121.25 for an U6 player, $221.25 for an U8 , $221.85 for an U10 player and $228.25 for an U12 player for the full 2019 season. BJRU does not levy "per game fees" for the duration of the rugby season and your fee includes shorts, socks and training jersey and a BJRU Rugby Ball. Parents will need to provide boots, mouth guard and head gear. All coaches, team managers and committee members will also need to register with the Rugby Australia through the portal as this covers insurances. There is no cost for these important jobs in our club.
This year, many parents will choose to use the NSW Govt Active Kids Rebate for their 2020 fees. Please note the Rugby Australia has mandated that ALL registrations must be online this year and will charge you approximately 1.9% processing fee per transaction. RA's online portal also allows the use of the voucher for our club's registration.
The Active Kids Rebate Program is an initiative introduced by the NSW Government Office of Sport where parents are able to claim up to $100 per school child, per calendar year, as a voucher to reduce the cost of registration or membership fees for after-school, weekend and structured fitness or physical activities. Players are eligible and able to access their $100 voucher from the 1st of January 2020. You will only need to pay the difference or 'gap ' between the $100 voucher and the club's membership levy should you choose to use it for rugby registration.
Unfortunately, for insurance reasons, a player can not commence training with the club until they are registered with us through the RA Portal for the 2020 season. U12s training will commence on Friday 6th March at 5.30pm. We look forward to seeing you all back at Anne Ashwood Park for another great year with the Junior Bulldogs! Do your best, listen to your coach, look after each other and most of all, have fun!
BJRU President, 2020
Below is a detailed summary of what you need to do if your child wishes to play for BJRU this coming season.
The Active Kids Voucher can only be used once per child (K-12) per year but it can be used for any sport or activity that is registered with NSW Active Kids. Please note, once the voucher has been used it can not be used again regardless of whether the full $100 has been allocated to the chosen sport.
If using the Active Kids Voucher it will be a 2 step registration process.
If NOT using your Active kids voucher go to Step 2- Register at Rugby Link
STEP 1 - ACTIVE KIDS VOUCHER
Read the Guidelines and Fact Sheets to learn about the program.
Visit service.nsw.gov.au and create or login to your MyServiceNSW Account. (You may already have one for online car registration etc).
Complete an Active Kids application through your MyServiceNSW Account. YOu will need your medicare card as proof of ID. You will receive a voucher with a unique ID number for each child you register (available to download, print and email).
STEP 2 - Download Rugby Xplorer from your app store and register.
2. Enter your email or MyRugby ID • NOTE: Enter the email you registered with in 2019 and/or the one that is linked to your Rugby Portal (accreditations).
3. IF FOUND, click “email me a magic link”
4. Open your email and click magic link
5. Enter new password
6. Click “confirm”
7. Enter your email
8. Click “sign in manually”
9. Email address will pre-populate, enter password
10. Click “sign in”
11. You will be directed to the participant portal and can edit any details in ‘My Dashboard’ as required
Sign up (new participant, email NOT FOUND)
1. IF NOT FOUND, click “sign me up”
2. Enter your details to create a Rugby account
3. Open your email and click magic link
4. Enter new password
5. Click “confirm”
6. Enter your email
7. Click “sign in manually”
8. Email address will pre-populate, enter password
9. Click “sign in”
10. You will be directed to the participant portal and can edit any details ‘My Dashboard’ as required Sign in (returning participant) 1. IF KNOWN, click “sign in
STEP 3- Register via Rugby Xplorer
1. Open Rugby Xplorer app/ Rugby Portal
2. Click “Register”
3. Select who you would like to register (ensure tick next to their record), click “continue”
4. Enter Club name and “search” NOTE CLUB NAME IS BATHURST JUNIOR RUGBY CLUB NOT BATHURST BULLDOGS RUFC!!!
5. Click Club name and “next”
6. Select Registration Role, Registration Type and Duration from drop downs, click “next”
7. Registrations will display as open or closed. If open, continue through the process
8. Check personal details, click “next”
9. Ability to add a headshot (including a selfie) or click “skip”
10. Update address, gender and country of origin, click “next”
11. Enter emergency contact details, click “next”
12. Additional information a. If U18 enter school, height and weight b. If non-playing members, enter WWC details
13. Registration summary will appear
14. If applicable, Enter NSW Active Kids voucher
15. Agree to Rugby AU T&Cs
16. Click “continue to payment”
17. Select payment option a. Enter credit/ debit card details
18. Click “Make Payment’
19. Confirmation screen will appear, and confirmation email will be sent to the participant